Monday 9 April 2012

SALTHOUSE CHURCH FROM THE MARSHES







One of the pieces I am working on depicting scenes on the north Norfolk coast for a show in Holt.





Painted in acrylic on an 18" x 14" box canvas. I put together three photos, one of the pathway, one of the field and one of the buildings and church. Considering they were all from different angles (and days) I think it has turned out ok.


Afraid I am having trouble uploading images again. This is the second try after reducing the size of the file and it still hasn't achieved the full colour right down to the bottom, so ignore that pink stripe!!


3 comments:

Sandra Rowney said...

I like this Joan, it feels as if you can just keep on strolling up the lane to the church.

DJ said...

Wow, your attention to detail is amazing, Joan. Wonderful rendering, my talented friend.

Unknown said...

Reminds me of a walk near Goldhanger church, near my parents' in Essex. Lovely painting.

What resolution is the initial scan? I reduce mine to 72dpi and about 30% of fullsize. Alternatively upload it to flickr then grab the URL and add it that way.