Saturday, 24 November 2012

LILY PADS


Spent the year taking care of my husband until he died from cancer late October.  With the support of my marvelous family and friends, I will now get back into blogging and posting images on my flickr account.

This is one of the 'LITTLE GEMS' series I created throughout the summer, as it was easier to paint small (5 or 7 inches only) and still be available for Clive. Eight of these works have just been hung in the Picturecraft Gallery in Holt, Norfolk for the Christmas show.

After some six weeks since I picked up a brush, I hope to get back to creating having attended a wonderful two days at Sue Williams cottage earlier this week working in the Fauvre style - just what I needed 'bright, bright, psychedelic unnatural colours, ie green skies and torquoise buildings!! '

7 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Joan, I am so, so sorry about your loss!
Your "little gem" is perfect!

Sue Pownall said...

What a lovely piece you have produced.

Again, I'm sorry about your lose.

Mysie Pereira said...

I'm so sorry for your loss ... your husband was a truly blessed man to have had such a talented person in his life ... beautiful !

Barb Sailor said...

Joan - my heart goes out to you on the loss of your dear husband. I had no idea you were going through all this, but had missed your postings. My dear husband is going through cancer treatment - it is not easy to have our loved ones ill.
Your "little gem" is so beautiful - I love the textural effects.

Anonymous said...

Randomly stumbled upon your blog, very sorry to read about your loss.
Your painting is very beautiful.

Internet Server Provider said...

iPhone is the most expensive brand of phone out there and thieves know that. That's why a lot of iPhones are being robbed. It would be a wise choice from the time you bought one to get an iPhone insurance to secure future financial damage.

Guillermo Esquivel said...

My Pictures World invites all amateur or professional photographers in the world to share his photography.

In My Pictures World believe that every photographer views the world from a totally different perspective and Photography is an art that must be shared with the rest of the world to raise awareness as to each photographer sees the world. My Pictures World is for photography enthusiasts. We know that photography is not a simple job that consists of only observe and shoot, and sometimes give out such work is not. If you are an amateur or professional photographer, and would like to share your photographic work with the rest of the world, join our group and published in Reader him your photos, and if one of them is selected by our editors, will be published in all our sites.

Our Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mypicturesworld

To be approved in the group must first show that you like our FanPage: https://www.facebook.com/mypicturesworld


Meet the rest of our network where your photos could be published:

http://mypicturesworld.blogspot.mx

https://twitter.com/mypicturesworld

http://instagram.com/mypicturesworld