During Anita's stay we decided to play, play, play and thus this iris was created on the third day!
First day we just sploshed with acrylic inks. turning out some rubbish, or getting more creative turning the resulted play into something it inspired to be. On the second day (I think) we had watched a video of Jenny Tufts working with inks creating a floral study, so we took up a display of artifical blooms I had on the firehearth - but it did not work doing it her way.
On the third day we decided to be more in control - Oh yes!!
Initially drew in the iris shape from a photo of one of my garden irises from last summer. Then created dark greens, purples and blues and filled in the background letting all the colours blend together as they wanted, leaving the lighter shades to create the leaf shapes. Then I spied what could be tree trunks at the back so worked on this area becoming a wood.
The main work was quite detailed when I eventually got round to painting the petals, etc of the flower. This was the controlled bit!