Saturday 16 January 2010

PLAYING WITH ACRYLIC INKS

Guess who's here? My lovely Anita arrived Wednesday and we have been painting together ever since!!

We started by using my new Liquitex acrylic inks and playing. Here is the result of one adventure into sploshing, dripping, printing onto a YUPO sheet.

1 - close up No 1 of the middle left hand area

2 close up of some of the background trees


3 - close up of ground area bottom right

4 - close up of my favourite mid area of gold on purple

THE FINISHED PIECE
We have had so much fun every day in my tiny cosy warm study, where somehow we managed to create another long working area propping a work surface onto a pedestal and raising it high enough with boxes of paints - Ah now I realise where my box of oils are I need today!!!
Will post a more controlled acrylic ink of an iris in front of a woodland area tomorrow.

9 comments:

Angela said...

I love this, especially the greens and purples you've used together.

I'm not sure what acrylic inks are - how are they different than liquid acrylics?

debwardart said...

Very interesting! And I cannot believe I'm saying this but - I think I might like fluid acrylics on Yupo (because I'm not a Yupo lover). I've got some acrylic inks and will have to try them out, but, like Angela, not sure what the difference is between the FA and ink??

Vicki Greene said...

I haven't tried yupo yet and maybe I should purchase some acrylics of some sort. Any suggestions? Your painting looks lovely and I am glad that you are having a good time.

"JeanneG" said...

It's too bad we can't all come to your house to play. I think it would be such great fun. I'm sure glad you were able to help Anita to get her art enthusiasm back.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Wasn't it fun - so glad it is inspiring you to think of having a go yourselves.
Vicki/Debs - I have two sets - one is called MAGIC COLOUR liquid acrylics and the new ones out are by my favourite acrylic manufacturer - Liquitex and they simply call them Liquitex Inks.

Happy playing folks.

RH Carpenter said...

Oh, now you've got everyone wanting those Liquitex Inks, me, too! This is so energetic, and fun and makes me feel like a little snail or a bunny, sitting on the path and looking up and up and up! Love the light in the trees and the colors. You and Anita play very well together!

Margaret Ann said...

You cqan tell a lot about a person by how they act on the playground...You and Anita seem to be lovely playmates!...Well done Joannie...What a great idea...that yupo looks so yummilicious!!! Love the results!

Robert A Vollrath said...

I love these:)

Susan Cordova said...

Lovvely post