Last night was our Preview at the Belfry Art Centre after hanging the show on Thursday with some excellent work provided by 18 members of the NOVA Group. They all responded really well to the theme of Inspirations - bringing along items for us to display on differing sized white plinths near their hanging finished works. With Pia's help, our coloured glass maker member, Sandra and I managed to receive, label and hang every piece of work submitted using the last plinth and, more to the point, our very last hook to hang the paintings on fishing wire from the dado rail. !
Here is how the hanging looked down one side of the Art Centre ....
and the other half of the show ???
it seems I'll have to add these to a different posting as the system won't let me upload any more images.
Altogether there were artworks of
- sea inspired work from acrylic on canvas to torn distressed stitched paper
- abstract work on stretched canvas with inspired textile designs on coats and bags
- oil paintings of scenes on the beach in muted warm colours
- digitally enhanced photographs of surfers printed on canvas and put on stretchers
- collage work of such images as a cockerel and water colour teapot
- lace making on circular bases
- views through windows (yes real wooden window frames complete with brass handle)
- a coloured glass witch as a wonderful square electric lamp plus some glass hangings
- fused glass art on tiles
- my public house interior inspired acrylic paintings and
- Sandra's tightrope walkers
It is on until the 26th September and we look forward to a good footfall as a result of the issue of Sandra's press releases and Nick's publicity material.