Friday 4 November 2011

CROMER TOWN AND FISHING BOATS

I was up in Cromer on the Norfolk north coast last week, firstly invigilating at the COAST Festival and then spending time at my friend Anne's home where I slept overnight so we could visit more of the COAST events in Sheringham the next morning, finishing with a visit to Felbrigg Hall to see the NOVA sculpture trail.





Before going on to Anne's I had a walk round Cromer in the sunshine (but very breezy) capturing lots of ideas for small works for a Christmas exhibition at The Garden House Gallery in Cromer .







Firstly, I created this pen sketch with my Mitsubishi Uni pens from 0.4 right up to a brush ............




... and from this and some photos I have now created this watercolour for the Christmas exhibition. I drew in the detail with my Lamy pen and Lexington Grey waterproof Noodlers ink so that the linework was not intrusive once I had added the colour washes with my Daniel Smith watercolours.





5 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Sounds like a very successful art day and fun, too :)

Marie Theron said...

How on earth did you do such a wonderful detailed work? It is very good and I always think you are expert in many fields of artwork, Joan!

Sandra Rowney said...

Looks great Joan, lovely soft Norfolk colours. I love that view and have sketched it several times, the 'dip' in the horizon where the road goes up the hill and the hotel tower is a gift for artists!

Sandra Rowney said...

Looks great Joan, lovely soft Norfolk colours. I love that view and have sketched it several times, the 'dip' in the horizon where the road goes up the hill and the hotel tower is a gift for artists!

Unknown said...

Hi Joan. This post won't load properly, but what I have seen it looks like you had a fabulously productive time.