Saturday 17 December 2011

RUIN FROM COAST ROAD NORTH NORFOLK



My monthly painting day with Sandra in her lovely studio creating a piece of work from start to finish in one day. Using photographs I had taken back in the summer on the way to Salthouse along the coast road. Using only palette knife and soft palette of acrylic paints on 20" x 16" box canvas, with just a little adjusting when I got home.


Having gone back to painting with a palette knife as I used to with my magic and secret garden series before I moved to Coltishall, I am so pleased that I propose creating a series of North Norfolk scenes in the same style for exhibiting next year. I have plenty of photo references I have taken over the past few years.

1 comment:

Sandra Rowney said...

It was a pleasure watching you create this work during the day, looking forward now to seeing you create a series of North Norfolk landscapes.