Saturday, 28 January 2012

FRIEND'S BOUQUET




Everyone brought something different to paint on Thursday, so I resorted to an arrangement of dried seedheads and two silk peonies, choosing some at random to make my own composition. They all came from friends and so make a lovely arrangement in my sunroom. They include love in the mist from Anita's garden, wheat stalks from the edge of a nearby field, artichokes from Brian's allotment, teasel and hogweed from Helen and the two silk flowers bought for me by my sister in law whilst out shopping together during a visit to my brother's family. We had a discussion as to what the three rounded pompom seed heads were from - but came to no conclusion, They had little four sided star shapes clustered together - which unfortunately I lost when adding the water to the inktense marks.



I think the soft result proves Inktense pencils don't have to be harsh colours. I did intend to keep some areas dried marks, but got carried away whilst we all nattered the afternoon away with tea and cake.

9 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Joan, this is so soft and romantic. I love it!

Sue Pownall said...

Ah Christiane has beaten me to the words. What a great memory of the people in your lives through their contribution to your painting.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

So glad you like my afternoon's work on this soft little piece. I was quite pleased with the composition but disappointed I did not leave some dry pencil marks here and there.

Barb Sailor said...

I love this - it is so fragile and delicate...I didn't know you could get this kind of results from Inktense pencils. This is beautiful.chlessi

kevin said...

Gray Jacket

Moncler Jackets Sale

Coat Women Ziper

kevin21 said...

Cheap Tory Burch Shoes

Tory Burch Discount Shoes

Tory Burch

Discount Tory Burch Shoes

Tory Burch Reva Flats Sale

kevin21 said...

Nike High Heels

Monster High Celebrities

Jordan Heels

Nike Dunk Sb High Heels Black And Pink

High Heel

kevin said...

Newport Cigarettes

Cheap Newport Cigarettes

kevin21 said...

Hot Cheap Jordans

Cheap Jordans

Ceap Black White Flight Air Jordans Shoes

Air Jordan 2012 Black Red