Sunday 22 January 2012

THREE BUTTERFLIES in WATERCOLOUR




I am due to become a great grandmother this week!



So with the approval of my lovely grand daughter, chose some of the butterfly motifs from her lovely cot quilt and bedding to create this trio of watercolours for her room.



Believe it or not, the frame and specially cut mount used to hold the trio I did of Gemima puddleduck, the frog on a lilypad and mice in a blue shoe, which I did for Channais twenty years ago when she was born!! I put two coast of acrylic white onto the dusky pink mount, as it clashed with the pinks of baby's bedding colours.


Trusting all goes well.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

How wonderful to make these for your great-granddaughter :) I know you'll share a photo when she arrives!

Sandra Rowney said...

Great minds think alike! I've been painting the Monarch butterfly this week! I wish I could blog it but I can't access a scanner at the moment.