Thursday 6 March 2008

THIS WEEK'S LIFE SESSION

Seems my days are getting more busy as we come into the Spring. Need to work into the small hours (like someone I know Anita!!) to find time to add regularly to my art blog. These were drawn on Tuesday and didnt have time when I got back home. Then yesterday went with an art friend who lives in the City (Norwich) to see the PRE RAPHAELITE DRAWING EXHIBITION at the Norwich Castle Museum. In the next gallery were drawings from the Norwich Collection selected to show how artists have used drawing techniques from the 17th Century. Interesting informative day with great company and lots of chat.

These are out of order from how they were drawn at the session, but this first one posted was a pose requested by one of the session members who is a sculpture and he wanted our model to curl up as small as possible. I started at the knees as I loved the lines but didnt have time for the head!!!!

This actually was the second pose of the day and she was very relaxed. 'Fraid I made your legs even longer than they are in life, sorry miss model. As for your left foot - well I've made you size 12 I think!!

This was very interesting with the model leaning on a double base stand. She always thinks of something interesting and brings in a prop or two to tax our brain power!.

3 comments:

Robert A Vollrath said...

I like these drawings.

I think your figure drawings are becoming more relaxed. The curled up pose is very nice.

Anita Davies said...

Oh Joan, you did so well with he curled up pose...Such a tricky pose to attempt. Glad to hear your day went well in Norwich!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

My computer crashed on Thursday when I was creating greetings cards as we had a power cut. Went off to Lauras and got back lunch time today (Sunday). Jim's been round and fixed it - thank goodness. So thanks for comments on my curled up pose even if she was headless!!