Sunday 26 October 2008

ANOTHER FLOWER PAINTING IN MY GARDEN SKETCHBOOK

Although it is well into October and autumn leaves have fallen everywhere, I still seem to have lots of colour in the flowers in the garden including these large clumps of soft pink in the front and back gardens. They must be some sort of illium (lilies) but not sure of their full name as they were planted before we moved here last year. The long spiky leaves have fallen onto the floor and the stems stand tall and straight with strong pink large buds turning into six curly petals each stem.

I have sketched a few into my lovely handmade flower book - making number 7 to date - with soft pinky blue background to show the many flowers growing all around.
click to enlarge
I mainly used my Sennelier watercolour tubes but found the Opera Rose in my Winsor & Newton collection was perfect for the soft pink.

7 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

Bloggers MUST enlarge this on the screen to see the beautiful brushstrokes and flowing foral look. Gorgeous.

Anita Davies said...

Another delicious addition to your fabulous book Joannie.

Joan Y said...

I am totally enjoying the colors and sensitive touch you have to flowers and nature.

Sylvia Jenstad said...

Wow... beautiful... just beautiful... love your soft colours

Robert A Vollrath said...

What a treasure you're creating in that book!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

I'm glad you all like these very quiet pieces in my floral sketchbook. Must find something to do with more vigour next time - probably some of the fallen leaves.... but they've all been picked up whilst I was away at Anitas this week!! So I'll have to cheat and collect some from the lane.

Sylvia - Good to meet you for the first time all the way from Canada. Ive been over to your post and left a message.

Margaret Ann said...

What a lovely, delightfully girly, beautiful spread! Glorious color! :)