I've been working on this acrylic painting on and off over the last week and have this afternoon put the final touches. The flowers are from a painting I created a couple of years ago when a painting friend bought me these rather unusual coloured bronzy orange flowers. I thought the colours went well with the Japanese kimonos and linked with the orange background of the other vase painting.
So here it is -
Click to enlarge
I would usually use gold leaf for the handles but had run out and my local gallery and framers suggested I use Rub and Buff antique gold in a tube used for framing and antiquing. It works a treat and less expensive.
Im not sure how much the painting changed from its original posting over a week ago but I know I made more of the window and trees outside than I did on the first vase painting which had orange brick and tiles. I think the diagonal works really well and I enjoyed adding the soft shadows on the window sill.
So they are ready to take to Ely next week.