Sunday 27 April 2008

OUT OF ACTION & ST WENDREDA

Been out of action most of the week due to a back problem that is agony to sit at the computer - or anywhere else come to that. Now off to my daughters for a few days (hopefully with painkillers I'll be able to drive and then get out of the car at the other end without a crane!) Its slowly improved so I hope the car journey wont set it all up again. Managed to attend life class on Tuesday before it happened and we had a new lovely young model. Very pleased with my sketches - now taken up a rather nice bound book of soft heavy paper 12 x 8 inches that was a delight to draw in - mainly in water soluble pen. I'll ask her permission next week to post some of them when I get back. I think the problem arrived to give me a break from work - but I didnt like just lazing around for 4 days.



Thought you'd need an image to make this post worthwhile, so dug this one out of my hard drive. Its in my mind as I have decided to put together a book on NORFOLK CHURCHES although St Wendreda in Cambridgeshire was the original inspiration. I painted it as a gift from the stainglass window for a young lady who got married there.

3 comments:

Anita Davies said...

Oh Joan, glad the back is feeling much better. Got your message late last night, I'd been in the yard watching my new studio space come to life. I remember this painting well, what a fabulous gift for newlyweds.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous painting. They must love it! Hope your back is much better....

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Thank you both for your loving thoughts. Back home now and feeling much better but still cant get down to ground level, ie bend very far.