Thursday 8 January 2009

COMPLETED OIL OF THE RISING SUN PUB

Well, here it is completed. I've added the people at the picnic tables, the bridge and posts , softened some of the colours in the roofs, adjusted some of the greenery behind one or two of the chimney pots and made myself clean up the palette and brushes and put the paints all away so that I wont fiddle anymore!!! Oh yes and added the name of the pub on the wall after a discussion with Anita about how she would tackle lettering this small.

Hope it doesnt disappoint all those who kindly commented on my earlier stage post. Afraid the blue has come over rather strong in this photo.

9 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Joan, I like the pink reflections in the water and the buildings, but unable to see too much detail as the photo seems a big fuzzy to me?

Sandy Maudlin said...

Ohhh. I'd love to be there. So inviting and luscious. Great job. Quite romantic, too.

E-J said...

Wow, Joan - your paintings are so involved! Lovely scene!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Rhonda - if you enlarge the image you will be able to see the little people sitting down eating and other minute detail better. The reason it looks blurred is that it is still wet and the shine affected the photo... but remember it is a little impressionist in places.

Sandy - if you ever visit England you could use us as a B&B to visit this area of delight.

Emma - great to see you popping in after the long hols and family commitments. Arent we lucky to have this on our doorstep. ?

Margaret Ann said...

What a beauty...the Rising Sun Pub...glowing with delight. OOOH LA LA!

Anita said...

Very nice finish. The reflections are still perfect. Lovely glow on the roofs. Yummy!

caseytoussaint said...

Lovely work, Joan. How wonderfully escapist to work on this beautiful spring scene during this cold snap we're all having.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Joan, for the explanation of the blur - you can tell I'm not an oil painter! I can see the people when I enlarge it. Rising Sun - we have a town called Rising Sun, Indiana, close by, and this would fit it just perfect there - it's on the Ohio River. I think I'd much rather visit there, though :)

Anita Davies said...

Wonderfully warm and inviting Joannie!