Friday 30 January 2009

ZENTANGLE TULIP TIME

I have just spent a few days at my daughters home with her three daughters and one day Channais (17 next month) and I had time together whilst the youngest two were at school, so I talked about zentangles and showed her how to create one - this was the result. I decided not to make it too complicated (as I am wont to do) and in actual fact only did the main 'floral centrepiece' which I used to start the design, plus the 'bubbles' and the two 'leaves' until I got home and finished off the background with all the little tulip shapes and extra leaves.

Makes me think Spring is on the way - which leads me nicely onto the fact that on arriving home I found the forsythia out in full bloom and some little snowdrops poking up their little heads in the sheltered back garden . ... so hopefully I will get out my garden sketchbook tomorrow and achieve a painting for January - on the last day!!

8 comments:

Robert A Vollrath said...

You are the Queen of Zentangles!!!

Anita Davies said...

Beautiful Joan!

RH Carpenter said...

You have taken Zentangles to a new level, Joan. Love this one and it does say spring - forsythia? Oh, the sure sign of spring coming - it is a loooong way away from us here in frozen midwest :( but I can dream...
BTW, my new glasses went back to the shop today for new lenses (no, she never admitted the lenses were wrong for me - just adjusted them for an hour! and then said she was sending them back for new lenses).

Teri said...

It is beautiful!

Anita said...

Really lovely!
A promise of sunshine just around the corner!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Thankyou so much everyone for your kind comments on my tulip zentangle. Your encouragement makes me feel I should play more with my flowers like I used to do with acrylics a good few years back. I'll keep you posted if I do.
Sorry about your lenses Rhonda - trust they didnt charge!!!
Never been called a Queen of anything before Robert! Thanks.

Margaret Ann said...

This is so lovely with the promise of spring Joannie...How much fun it must have been to share this activity!

BTW...to answer your question..."The tangelo (pronounced /ˈtændʒəloʊ/ TAN-jə-loh) is a citrus fruit that is a hybrid of a tangerine and either a pomelo or a grapefruit. It may have originated in Southeast Asia over 3,500 years ago. The fruits are the size of an adult fist and have a tangerine taste, but are very juicy, to the point of not providing much flesh but producing excellent and plentiful juice. Tangelos generally have loose skin and are easier to peel than oranges. They are easily distinguished from oranges by a characteristic nipple at the top of the fruit"....All from Wikipedia...LOl :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I still don't really know what a zentangle is, but I'm sort of figuring it out from Margaret Ann and your good self. :-)