Saturday 24 January 2009

WATERCOLOUR PENCIL ZENTANGLES

Just to give you all a break from my YUPO studies, here's a couple of zentangles I've created in the past week but this time I used watercolour pencil and then in some areas used my waterbrush to smooth the colour to give contrast to the pencil work. Dont know if they can still be called zentangles as they are getting more like 'scenes' .... I think they are worth enlarging to see the detail.

This one looks like three earths floating in the sea.
I think I was influenced by some of the zentangles posted by others where I liked the addition of floaty bits outside the main shape.
Don't know about this one but is it skyscrapers and circus tents in the background?? It began with the organic petal shapes and then drew the dark circle around its centre and moved on from their. My favourite bit is the scroll shape.

8 comments:

Anita Davies said...

They make lovely abstracts Joannie.

Anita said...

These are positively three dimensional! What an imagination!

RH Carpenter said...

Love the circus one the best :)

Robert A Vollrath said...

Pure fun! Your abstract play is getting better with each try.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Must say they were 'pure fun' and enjoyed adding the colour schemes.
Maybe I should become an abstract artist after all!!!!

Margaret Ann said...

I love the organic bits you add to these...The white flower flowing from the bottom of the first one..the scroll and bitty acorns on the second...really expressive and lyrical! :)

caseytoussaint said...

These are really lovely - I particularly like the second one.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I love that second one! It's somewhere between abstract and not, which I think is a really great place to be. The colours and the detail are gorgeous!